Cute New Layout from Shabby Blogs!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I *LOVE* My New Banner!

Great week thus far... 

Our first week with no real "sickies" in the house...  Kate is almost all the way over her bit of bronchitis...  Mike and Ella are much better after getting over the stomach virus that's been going around too :-/

And me - well I'm pretty good as well...

So I've decided that now that we have a mantle in our living room (YAY!) - I'm going to decorate it for every holiday and season!!!  I want it to be different and fun every time!

This time, I've decided that I would make a super cute pennant banner for it.  And in honor of Valentine's Day - LOVE.


And here's how you can make your own!

Supplies you'll need:
  • Burlap, approxminately 1/2 yard
  • Acrylic paint, your choice of colors - For this particular banner, I used Cherry Red and Black.
  • Lettering stencils or VERY good handwriting/painting skills!
  • Needle and thread
  • Twine
First you'll put the lettering onto the burlap.

Depending on the type of burlap you get, you'll need to apply 2 coats, so that you won't be able to see through it.  While you're waiting for the paint to dry, you can cut the twine for the length you'd like.

Then, once the paint dries you'll cut into smaller pieces for your banner.  Make sure you leave space at the top to fold over and sew down as to make a loop for the twine.

Once all of the pieces are cut, take each piece, fold the top over and stitch 3 small X's across the top to secure it.  Then once sewn, thread the pieces onto your twine.

Ensure that you have a loop at both ends of your twine and hang!

Voila!  Super cute holiday banner!!!

Here are a couple shots of mine!



I know I love mine and I'd love to see yours!

Until next time!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment